In todays lesson I created a shotlist for my preliminary website:
I then went out and took pictures around the school in places I thought would show the school at its best. during my research I found that the audience prefers images and visual aid on a website as it engages them more and they find it more interesting, therefore I also thought it would be a good idea to create a slideshow for my website using the iPhoto program as it is a simple yet effective program to use.
Friday, 28 January 2011
In today's lesson, I started to create my school logo for my preliminary website. to do this I used the program photoshop. I firstly created the shape of the logo by clicking the shape tool, which then created the shape that I was looking for to the exact size I wanted. I then created the text using the text tool, and changed it to the size I thought was best, and made the colour black so it would stand out. I then made the inside of the logo green so that it would follow the colour scheme of the website as the research i have done has shown each website to do this. Below is the logo:
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
In today's lesson I started to create the basic layout for my preliminary website. Firstly I created the school name of the website by creating a text box and then changing the font and colour to exactly how I wanted it. I then started to create my navigation bar by creating 5 text box's with 5 different titles for each pages that would in theory link to their correct page if the pages were made; then, I joined them together, distributed them evenly, and aligned them from the top. to that they were straight. Next, I changed the colour of the background of the text box's to green and changed the colour of the text to black; I also put a shadow around the whole navigation bar to create depth. After, I started to create each of the text box's that would go onto the home page and placed them exactly where they needed to go, aligning them correctly to start to show the layout clearly. I then filled the background of the text box's to the same green as the navigation bar and added shadows to create depth. I then copied and pasted all of this onto another page which would be my media page.
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
In todays lesson we started to learn how to use iWeb on the mac computers. This is the program that I will be using to create my preliminary website. We started to experiment with different tools on this program, mainly the inspector tool, as it will be the main tool we will be using. This lesson gave me a brief idea of what we'd be doing in the weeks ahead
Friday, 21 January 2011
In todays lesson I drew a design of what I would like my preliminary website to look like. I have gone for a very simple and often used layout, with a typical school logo as it seems most people repoded well to this in the surveys. Both the 'home' and 'media' page will have the logo and image at the top; the navigation bar underneath and a subject link box on the left hand side of the page. There will be many different media links throughout the 'homepage' to make it easy to use for the audience, and the 'media page' will have a clear link back to the 'hompage' on the navigation bar. Although both sketches have come out black and white on the computer, there is a colour scheme throughout of dark green boxes with black writing and a white background. I have tried to keep the typical conventions of a website that I found in my research.
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
In todays lesson we looked at different questioners and surveys to make it easier for us to make our own survey, in order to create our preliminary website in a way that people would like. Throughout the survey I thought about the use of demographics (details about the person i.e. gender) and psychographics (details of what a person likes) Below is my survey:
This is a detailed summary of the results for each of the answers to my survey. I decided to do this so that I could see what the best results were and therefore incorperate them into my preliminary website. Below I have made a couple of graphs from the results I have collected, to make it easier to see what the audience would prefer to see on a website, and how different aspects of a website can make people like/disklike it.
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
In todays lesson we started our preliminary website research in which we had to annotate four different school website and comment on the layout, colours, rollovers, navigation bar and links. I found that all websites were easy to use and each had a very clear layout. the colour schemes of the websites were consistent throughout, however they were mostly plain primary colours. Images were clearly placed on each of the home pages on the websites, and they were clear and astheticly pleasing images. the logo's of the schools were usualy at the top of the home page and all other pages to keep the websites consistent throughout. the links and navigation bars on each school website, were simple and easy to use; some websites had drop down navigation bars making them a bit more complex, however they were still easy to use overall.
Friday, 14 January 2011
Today we took photo's of one another to experiment with on photoshop. To get the black and white effect that I have on my image, I put the picture into photoshop, duplicated the layer so that I did not lose the original image. I then desaturated the image to get all the colour out of it, and then changed the levels to make it smoother and lighter.
Thursday, 13 January 2011
In todays lesson we were introduced to the production side of the media and were told about the work that needed to be completed throught the rest of the year. In order to keep up to date with our work we set up blogs on blogger to post images and work and also a day to day diary of each lesson.